- In transition and pre-release. Jack is about to release a 1.0 that is expanded
- Performance impact. The library, though well designed, is rather large due to the features. The grid, for example, generates a full-featured div to create a very nice control. But each column header is a full table (for example).
- Lack of control over look.
Turning our attention, then, to the YUI controls: Part of the YUI library is quite mature and works very well. They have recently added several that are released in beta.
- They are small and quick to render
- The DataTable is based on a normal and fully defined HTML table
- They have multiple bugs and incomplete code
- The interface design is immature. For example, some methods require an integer index as a parameter to a row, but there is no way to actually get that index.