Friday, February 9, 2007

Do you Yahoo?

I was just talking to a friend about the "good 'ole days" of the Internet. Yes friends, it's been around long enough that there are those who remember how it used to be. There was a time when the concept of embedding an image of any sort into the stream of text that one normally got on gopher was something to stand in awe of. Remember Mosaic?

There also was a time when the Yahoo homepage loaded faster - or would have if we weren't connected over 9600 baud dial up modems, if you were lucky. 2400 baud if not. Crap. Now I sound like my Dad and uncles when they used to muse about the good ole days when men were men and cars were too darn hard for women to own. Ah, yes... whatever.

Anyway, take a look at Yahoo's page circa 1996 (I remember it earlier, but Wayback doesn't have earlier) Or for a real laugh, take a gander at my first Internet company. Ah, I could have been one of those wanna-be DotCom millionaires who are now serving coffee at Starbucks (sonny...).

No comments: