- The box is cool - naturally.
- Don't try to use the Apple Bluetooth wireless mouse. It won't work. I had to dig out a USB mouse to continue after the initial reboot. I guess the Bluetooth drivers are not loaded.
- What was that long "checking DVD" for consistency? I finally walked away to read Blake his bedtime story. Upon returning (and it was still chugging along) I noticed the "skip" button and took it as good advice.
- The DVD on that iMac is slooowww. I've always know that - I can rip a CD on my Windows PC in about 1/4th the time. Installing this OS was painfully slow - I finally went to bed.
- Woke up and it was at the login screen. After a painfully slow wait it finally brought up the setup assistant.
- It failed to find either of the two wireless networks covering the area. Something's not happy. Guess it waits until tonight.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
I installed Leopard last night on my first-gen Intel iMac. Here are my observations: